Outotec delivers large tailored solutions to the customers all over the world. As some 80 percent of manufacturing is sourced from external suppliers, we use thousands of suppliers around the world. Our suppliers are typically mechanical workshops, component manufacturers and local construction and engineering companies. An increasing amount of sourcing takes place in the emerging markets, as many of Outotec's customer projects are located there.
We build long-term and fair relations with our suppliers and want to be an attractive business partner. Key criteria for Outotec in supplier selection are technical suitability, quality, reliability, cost competitiveness and compliance with Outotec Supplier Policy. The policy covers among other things principles of ethical conduct, compliance of laws and regulations, environment, health and safety, labor relations (e.g. no child or forced labor), intellectual property, and improper benefits.
We are continuously developing our own organization and optimizing our supply chain to reach top performance in our projects.
Our own manufacturing / assembly shops
Outotec operates three manufacturing workshops in Finland and assembly shops located in China, the USA, and Canada, as well as maintenance workshops in Mozambique, United Arab Emirates and Qatar.
Outotec supplier policy
Outotec wants to be an attractive and sustainable business partner to its suppliers and strives for reliable and fair relations for the mutual benefit of both Outotec and the Supplier.
Outotec operates globally according to its clearly defined mission, vision and values – which are reflected in this Policy. Outotec expects its suppliers to comply with this Policy in their dealings with Outotec, their own employees and suppliers, as well as any other parties, and in their dealings on Outotec’s behalf towards Outotec’s customers or any other parties.
In particular, Outotec requires its suppliers to always comply with the following principles:
- Ethical conduct: Commit to ethical conduct and social responsibility in its business conduct in all areas.
- Laws and regulations: Fully comply with all applicable laws and regulations in conducting its business.
- Environment, health and safety: Continually strive to improve its environmental, health and safety performance.
- Labor: Treat its employees in a fair and equal manner complying with all related laws, commit to non-discrimination at workplace, not to use child or forced labor of any kind, respect human rights and provide a safe and healthy working environment to its employees.
- Intellectual property: Conform to all applicable laws, regulations and international treaties on intellectual property and to refrain from infringing on either Outotec’s or any other party’s intellectual property rights in conducting its business, and always report without delay to Outotec any suspected IP infringements relating to Outotec’s products, solutions or services.
- Improper benefits: Not provide, offer or accept direct or indirect payment, hospitalities or any other benefits of an excessive nature to the benefit of, or from Outotec’s employees; or to any other party for the purpose of improperly obtaining benefits of any kind.
- Conflict of interest: Avoid all conflicts of interest while engaged with Outotec and its customers, and immediately report any potential or apparent conflict to Outotec.
- Sub-suppliers: Apply the requirements of this Policy to its own suppliers.
- Management system: Have a management system in place and the responsible company representatives nominated to ensure compliance with applicable laws and regulations, the requirements of this Policy, and Outotec’s requirements relating to the suppliers operation and products.
- Continuous improvement: Strive to continuously improve its competence in providing Outotec reliable, cost-effective, and innovative services and goods.
- Compliance with this Policy: Monitor compliance with this Policy, identify any areas in its business conduct which may not comply with this Policy and without delay plan and implement improvements to achieve compliance.
- Report to Outotec: Upon Outotec’s request provide status report of compliance with this Policy and the related improvement actions, and provide related supporting information as may be requested by Outotec.
This Policy is made available to the public.